How To Get Started
- Register a new account here
- Change the host url in the client to iwarg.ddns.net or phoenixim.ddns.net port: 5190 Step 1 Step 2
- Accounts and buddy lists from official AIM services are not carried over.
- Official AIM client versions tested and known to work: 1.0, 2.1, 3.5, 4.1, 4.7, 5.0, 5.1, 5.9*, 6.0, 6.1
- Pidgin users: disable ClientLogin (use MD5 based) and turn off encryption on connection security.
- Miranda IM: disable SSL in connection settings.
- iChat - Some early version of iChat (powerpc osx 10.3) used OSCAR and are compatible
- AIM 4.7 for MAC has a different unknown MD5 hash salt for password encryption, it will fail to login until someone can provide this salt
- Other clients: no other clients are known or have been tested.
- Client 5.0 and up should be able to join a group chat.
- Direct connection is only working on clients up to 5.1 at this point
- Direct connect uses ports 4443 and 4847, these may need to be forwarded in your router for it to work
- For the time being, buddy icons have to be set from here on the profile editor.
- Some versions of the AIM Client can set the buddy icon properly from the client directly
* 5.9 appears to exhibit strange behavior on newer versions of windows, 5.0 or 5.1 may be better option
Questions or problems? post it in the forum helpline
- ICQ 6.5 has basic functionality
- ICQ 2002 / 2003 should have basic functionality
- MSN Messengers 1.0 - 4.7 are presently supported
- newer versions require TWN support, which we still lack the web based backend for.
- Yahoo 5.5 and 6.0 are supported. other versions are being investigated for support.
- Use the registry editor to navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\yahoo\pager
- Locate the key called "ConnServer" and change its value to "iwarg.ddns.net"
- Optionally, use the yahoo patcher tool in the yahoo downloads section instead of the above instructions